The Milan site is the leading design center for on-board computers and mass-memories product lines, but it also develops navigation (i.e. GNSS/GPS receivers) and scientific equipment electronics. Aim of the industrial engineering team is to provide support to the industrialization of digital products from the architectural design to the manufacturing of the Flight Models.
Main team responsibilities are the following:
- To collaborate with the electrical and thermo-mechanical design departments in order to find a
feasible solution meeting the different equipment requirements and reliable from the industrial
point of view.
- To develop printed circuit boards defining the most suitable technology taking into account
the characteristic of the product and the capabilities of the manufacturers.
- To check that design choices are within the frame of the existing qualification and
eventually address the enabling technologies needed for the development of digital and scientific
- To generate a clear and exhaustive documentation dossier driving the life cycle of
electronic boards including kitting, assembly, test and integration phases according to the
applicable product manufacturing flow chart.
- To support the technological qualification process by means of test vehicle design and
assembly document preparation according to the corresponding qualification test plan.
- To identify the most reliable implementation for reworks and modifications to be applied
on already existing hardware
- To secure the design evolution managing the engineering change process for digital and